Monday 4 April 2011

Project 365

I realise that I've been neglecting my blog lately and it's mainly to do with not having anything to talk about, but I'll apologise anyway. Sorry.

If you're my contact on flickr (and you probably are) you'll already know that I'm nearly two weeks into project 365 (where you take a photo everyday for 365 days).
If you've been a contact of mine on flickr for a while, you may also recall me saying on several occasions that I wouldn't ever start this project. It appears to be a sort of right-of-passage on flickr and everyone who's anyone has done, or is currently doing, this project. So I conformed. Not for this reason. I'll explain.

Recently, life has become a bit mundane and, I'll admit, I've just lost interest in the world full stop. I just don't seem to care as much anymore. Everything is routine and nothing occupies my mind as much as things used to. Even my day-dreams have become a bit half-arsed. Some of my dreams even stop half way through and refuse to continue. However, I know that this year I will be going through the most changes I'll ever experience. I start university in september. I'll be moving away from home for the first time ever. I'll be 300+ miles away from home. I'll have to make friends from scratch. I'll have to learn how to budget. I'll have to learn how to cook properly. I'll have to get a job. Lot's of changes and adjustments.

I'd like to document these changes and I think starting the project now will give me enough time to get into the routine of taking a photo everyday before my world is pretty much turned upside down. I can't wait. :D

The reason I didn't want to start this project in the first place was because I knew that I wouldn't put the effort in, and my flickr page would just be overrun with photos that I don't even like. And, to be honest, that's how the project started out. But in these past couple of days, I think I've got the hang of it and am starting to take (and edit) photos that I'm really proud of.

I just thought I'd write a post about this and let you know what was going on with me, photography-wise.

Oh, and here is today's 365 photo, in case you're interested:

No comments:

Post a Comment